Friday 25 July 2008

Public Education On Herbs ?

Some resident(s) or physician(s) staying near block 410, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 are probably anxious that traditional chinese herbal plants might slip into oblivion. I stumbled upon these small plots of herbal plants with their chinese names written on plastic strips this afternoon.
























I recognised some of the plants because of my childhood experience with herbal plants whenever my mom brought me along to her colleague's house in my neighbourhood. Her father was a chinese physician, and tended his clients' wounds with the wide array of herbal plants in his garden.



I had been treated with the leaves and flowers from herbal plants, and fully recovered from the cuts and other wounds during my childhood days. To these days, I always stop by any familiar herbal plant; and reminisce about the good old days.

No comments: