Saturday 21 June 2008

One Of My Favourite Haunts For Lunch


Yes, it's No. 2 Braddell Road. Junction of Braddell Road/Upper Serangoon Road.

There is always a queue from the moment, Go.......... at about 9.30am every day.

The queue can be especially long on Saturday/Sunday. But, do not despair as the boss is swift in handling orders.




It is home-cooked food, teochew-style no doubt ! Boss is generous with his helping, and a meal ( 1 meat, 1 fish and 1 vegetable ) cost $3. A chicken rice meal could cost as low as $2.

The less than desirable ambiene does not deter the regulars !
I passed the outlet 2 years ago, and dropped by to enquire about the speciality. A man in the queue could not answer me about the apparent popularity of the dishes. I left without giving it a try. But, I decided to give it a try this time round; and I never fail to drop by for a meal when ever I am nearby ever since.

No comments: